Sunday, July 24, 2011

Logistics

Collected the parts needed to zeroset the heads, new tins etc. The Crank needs a check and I needed to adjust (change) the drive shaft in order to correct a spline length issue.  C´s shop is very full and transportation of disassembled engines is not necessarily easy, so i made a prototype cabinet on rollers with a detachable undercarriage. Easier said then done as always, some of the oak blocks had to get added functionality like the rear engine mount got hinges to allow the cases to rotate down in the cutout. The basic cabinet was so flimsy that I had to weld some square tubing to the undercarriage otherwize it would not have been possible to detach without it falling apart. Took  pictures before it was finished and it actually turned out allright.
We have also ordered the cases and crank etc. for the new engine, so the cabinet will actually stay at Cala´s shop while the components for the new engine gets completed. 


No comments:

Reception

Reception
I.m a gasoline molecule on my way to work....

Mystery Oil.........

Mystery Oil.........
Just a spoonful to the assembly lube.

Remote Starter

Remote Starter