Sunday, August 29, 2010

Race ready

Serviced both heads over the weekend, major oil leak in the front intake tin was explained as the bottom of the cup was separated (cast alu) , had to restore one original tin for a replacement,the shaft hole was big as a quarter so I welded in a washer with the TIG on 35 amps and it worked out well , no dressing required. I also finshed up a rear exhaust rocker arm with bushings in both ends  and spend some time on tooling on order to reassure geometry (mid lift)  as I this was an opportunity to correct.
Fixed a problem with the right handlebar as well.
Started to remove heads 10 a.m.  Saturday and I´m completely race ready 9 P.M. Sunday and a stranger to the rest of the family...., I´m off to Mosten on Thursday.
 

No comments:

Reception

Reception
I.m a gasoline molecule on my way to work....


Mystery Oil.........

Mystery Oil.........
Just a spoonful to the assembly lube.



Remote Starter

Remote Starter